Tuesday 13 November 2012

Bloggers Around The World - France - Round-up

Already a month is gone again and in no time the year 2012 will be. That, however is a different story. One month ago we set out on our journey from Germany to France with Bloggers Around the World.


Now it's time to see what food awaits us in France. At times I wish it wouldn't just be a virtual food trip around the world. How lovely it would be to see the places, hear the sounds, smell the food ... and of course taste it.
For now, though, we are on the safe side with this being just a virtual food trip. There are so many lovely delectable - especially on the sweet side - in our round-up this month. Everyone did a really good job or better to say some exquisite cooking ... or baking.


The first to jump on our bus to France was Jacqueline from How to be a Gourmand. Jacqueline brought us some very nice Chocolate Fondant with Balsamic Blueberries. Look at it! Does not simply looking at it make you want some? It did in my case! So, grab yourselves some blueberries and have a go. 

Jen from Blue Kitchen Bakes was next for our French theme. A classic, that I can have again and again and again and again: Tarte Tatin. For this it is good, when you are able to manage the 'dubious task of turning out the tart' (as Jen puts it) without making a mess. Jen did! I mean, without a mess.

Phil from as strong as soup helps us to intensify our trip to France. Right now I wish I were at the sea as well.
Rousquilles
Phil gave us some Rousquilles - some yummy biscuits with a touch of vanilla and aniseed. Can you resist.
If you read carefully Phil's post you may find a hint to our next stop for Bloggers Around the World. However, you will find the truth at the end of the round-up anyway.

Still more sweet food ahead with Choclette from her Chocolate Log Blog


What have we here? Blackcurrant and Rose Nonnettes. Do you notice anything suspicious at first sight? Where is the chocolate? 
It is there, just have a closer look or read. After reading this lovely post I know have another use for the bottle of rose water resting in my store cupboard.

Now Fiona from London Unattached gives us a little break from desserts and sweet indulgence.

 sole veronique 5-2 diet

We are in for some healthy fish with Diet Sole Veronique. This really comes in handy, since it is a diet version of a classic French dish. So you are either on a diet or you use this as your main course and have the previous mentioned ones as pudding ...

... or wait! Galina from Chez Maximka has some French cake for us. Somehow we have to fit this into our little sweet meal.


Don't be scared, it's just a French Yogurt Cake, the spider is not real. I would say, Galina has done a good job with her spider web. There must be a trick to it.
The cake, though did have a very short life. Only after 24 hours just a few crumbs were left. So you are in for a treat as well here. As far as I know, there is always room for a slice of cake.

Finally then, here is my own contribution. I fear, we have to start a different meal for that, because, it is already designed as a complete meal (maybe you just add one of the lovely desserts from above to it).


As a starter you get the one and after that the other: Aligot et Bœuf Bouguignon.

I only can say, it has been a lovely trip with you in France. I hope you enjoyed it just as much. Then it's time to travel on.
Shall we go to the one side to Italy or take a different route into Spain. What would you say? Oh, well, it's too late anyway. I made up my mind. Therefore the next stop is ...

Spain!

What are we going to have this month? It's up to you. There are many lovely things. Maybe you do your own turron. You could make extensive use of chorizo as well (of course not in the turron), or iberico or manchego cheese.
Why not throw a few small things at us: tapas. What about some patatas bravas?
Do I have to talk so much?



I'm sure you have many delicious ideas. As we go, just keep a few things in mind (rules):

1. Leave a comment with a link to your post here in this very post.

2. Link to my blog and this challenge in your post.

3. Use the "Bloggers Around the World" badge (the one you find at the beginning and end of this post).

4. You can use a new or an old post, but it has to be adjusted accordingly (you know, all the linking).

5. Have fun and enjoy it!
 

Remember, the last rule, is the most important one!
To let everyone have a share in the joy I will post a round-up at the 13th of December (I need to do a bit of planning for that one). 


I'm glad you are here. Join us then on our food trip to Spain ... and beyond (later) ...

11 comments:

  1. Great round up Chris! Love the contributions this month. That vanilla and aniseed combination does look good :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, everything was so lovely. A shame, I don't have any aniseed on stock at the moment, but that doesn't have to go on like this ...

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a fab selection, I'm almost drooling here on the keyboard (not a very pretty sight). I love your round-up, you have such a way with words, Chris, you should be writing for a national paper, a Sunday column maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now only the national papers have to find out about this, so that they can make me an offer ... or should it be the other way around?

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely range of French treats and a fine round-up. Oh well, I almost got two months in one entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to attempt a spanish recipe for your next one. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be really great. I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  5. Goodness Chris, I'm suffering from sugar overload here, but France is the home of the gateau after all, so it is only right. Lovely round-up, thank you. I've no idea about chocolate and Spain, so I'd better try and find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sugar overload could not be prevented. As to chocolate and Spain, I had churros with a chocolate-orange sauce lately, if that helps.

      Delete
  6. What a LOVELY round-up, such amazing recipes and c'est parfait! Karen

    ReplyDelete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.