Monday 2 December 2013

Bloggers Around the World: South Africa

I got it, you need a real challenge. Just saying, cook and write whatever you like isn't doing any good. You want to be told were to go. Anyway, last month was just to make it a bit easier for me, since no one volunteered for hosting. Maybe next time. Now it's time again to go by the rules and to go somewhere special.


Somehow I have the feeling, we should be going to Africa this time and this exactly is what we are going to do ...
I have decided to head for the most Southern part of Africa for our December Bloggers Around the World. Therefore, the place to cook this time is ...

SOUTH AFRICA
 
I don't know too much about the South African cuisine. That means some research for me as well. I had already in mind before to try a South African dish called Bobotie. Some meat, raisins, eggs and chutney might be involved in this.
Basically, you have the choice of cooking up something influenced by the indigenous people of South Africa, something influenced due to colonization or something with an Asian influence like India. Therefore a lovely curry would be something to have.
Something else I could think of trying, due to the current weather conditions, is Potjiekos, a South African stew. You will see it, when I do it.
On the other hand, it would be nice as well to go for something sweet, like Koeksisters, deep-fried and sweet pastries. I need to do some more research on that.
I reckon, it can be fun ... if you are not totally stressed out for whatever calendar based circumstances. I would be glad, if you find the chance to join despite all this.
 
Now you know, I have to mention a few other things ...
  1. Link to my blog and this very challenge in your post.
  2. Use the "Bloggers Around the World" batch (you know what I mean).
  3. Use either an old post in case you already tried something South African, or do something new.
  4. You can enter up to three posts ... that is, if you really have that much time.
  5. Keep in mind to smile and be happy while you cook up something wonderful for us.
  6. Go for it!
 
Is there anything else to say. I guess not. So, what are you waiting for? Get your thinking caps on and start cooking ...
 
Baie dankie. Thank you very much. Ngiyabonga kakhulu. 
 

6 comments:

  1. Ooh South Africa. The only thing I know about this is Roibos tea which I love and like you, Bobotie. I make a vegetarian version of this occasionally which I really like. What might they have with chocolate????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might do some kind of dessert and ... oh, I forgot to mention Amarula, the South African Cream Liqueur. You could do something with chocolate and Amarula. That would do the job, too.

      Delete
  2. GREAT country to feature! I shall try to join in as I was born in SA and love the food from there! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, Karen! It is always good to have an expert on board. I haven't tries anything from there so far, but this, of course, is going to change.

      Delete
  3. I have a friend in SA. Maybe she can give me some ideas and I'll participate, too. Sounds like a fun idea. I love trying different foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be really great. There is so much yet to try.

      Delete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.